How to install or use an application that uses MySQL?
In order to install or use an application that is based on a MySQL database, you have to follow this steps:
- Connect to your cPanel, search, and then click on the tool named MySQL Databases.
- Create a new database by entering its name in the New Database field and then click the button Create Database.
- Create a new user by entering the Username and Password and then click Create User.
- Search the option Add User To Database to add the new user that you created, in the new database and click Add.
- On the next screen, choose ALL PRIVILEGES and click Make Changes.
With the above steps, you have created a new database, a new user and you gave the user full access to login and edit the new database.
The database and the user, that you created, got a prefix of your username to access cPanel. The database name and the username are considered the full name of the following type: cPanelUsername_DatabaseNameorUser.
To install an application or to change the link configuration of the database connection, use your details in the following form:
- Host: localhost
- Database Name: cPanelUsername_DatabaseName
- Database Username: cPanelUsername_DatabaseUser
- Password: your password