Support Center > Knowledgebase > Web Hosting > How to install or use an application that uses MySQL?
How to install or use an application that uses MySQL?
In order to install or use an application that is based on a MySQL database, you have to follow this steps:
- Connect to your cPanel, search, and then click on the tool named MySQL Databases.
- Create a new database by entering its name in the New Database field and then click the button Create Database.
- Create a new user by entering the Username and Password and then click Create User.
- Search the option Add User To Database to add the new user that you created, in the new database and click Add.
- On the next screen, choose ALL PRIVILEGES and click Make Changes.
With the above steps, you have created a new database, a new user and you gave the user full access to login and edit the new database.
The database and the user, that you created, got a prefix of your username to access cPanel. The database name and the username are considered the full name of the following type: cPanelUsername_DatabaseNameorUser.
To install an application or to change the link configuration of the database connection, use your details in the following form:
- Host: localhost
- Database Name: cPanelUsername_DatabaseName
- Database Username: cPanelUsername_DatabaseUser
- Password: your password