Edit a branding style
Once you have downloaded the style you would like to edit:
- Extract the contents of the file. To accomplish this:
- If you are using a Windows® machine, you will need to download a program (such as winRAR) to extract the contents of the file. By default, Windows will not handle a .tar.gz file.
- If you are running a Mac® or *nix machine, you may use the tar -xvzf command from the CLI to extract the contents of the.tar.gz file, or you may simply open it with whatever extraction program you prefer.
- Change the files to your liking.
- PICK Remember: The size of the pictures contained within the .tar.gz file must stay the same to maintain the appearance of the style.
- PICK Remember: You will need to leave the file names the same, otherwise the server will not know where to place the files in the interface.
- Before uploading the files to the server, place them back into a .tar.gz file.
- On a Windows machine, use the same program you used to extract the contents to replace the new content in a .tar.gz file.
- On a *nix machine, you may use the tar -cvzf command or compress the contents of the file back into a .tar.gz file with whatever compression software you choose.
: For more information on the tar command, consult the man pages by typing man tar into the CLI.