I want to understand some Export options.
- "Add DROP TABLE" will add a line telling MySQL to drop the table, if it already exists during the import. It does NOT drop the table after your export, it only affects the import file.
- "If Not Exists" will only create the table if it doesn't exist. Otherwise, you may get an error if the table name exists but has a different structure.
- "Add AUTO_INCREMENT value" ensures that AUTO_INCREMENT value (if any) will be included in backup.
- "Enclose table and field names with backquotes" ensures that field and table names formed with special characters are protected.
- "Add into comments" includes column comments, relations, and MIME types set in the pmadb in the dump as SQL comments (/* xxx */).
- "Complete inserts" adds the column names on every INSERT command, for better documentation (but resulting file is bigger).
- "Extended inserts" provides a shorter dump file by using only once the INSERT verb and the table name.
- "Delayed inserts" are best explained in the MySQL manual.
- "Ignore inserts" treats errors as a warning instead. Again, more info is provided in the MySQL manual, but basically with this selected, invalid values are adjusted and inserted rather than causing the entire statement to fail.