How can I produce a PDF schema of my database ?
First the configuration variables "relation", "table_coords" and "pdf_pages" have to be filled in.
Then you need to think about your schema layout. Which tables will go on which pages?
- Select your database in the left frame.
- Choose "Operations" in the navigation bar at the top.
- Choose "Edit PDF Pages" near the bottom of the page.
- Enter a name for the first PDF page and click Go. If you like, you can use the "automatic layout," which will put all your linked tables onto the new page.
- Select the name of the new page (making sure the Edit radio button is selected) and click Go.
- Select a table from the list, enter its coordinates and click Save. Coordinates are relative; your diagram will be automatically scaled to fit the page. When initially placing tables on the page, just pick any coordinates -- say, 50x50. After clicking Save, you can then use the graphical editor to position the element correctly.
- When you'd like to look at your PDF, first be sure to click the Save button beneath the list of tables and coordinates, to save any changes you made there. Then scroll all the way down, select the PDF options you want, and click Go.
- Internet Explorer for Windows may suggest an incorrect filename when you try to save a generated PDF. When saving a generated PDF, be sure that the filename ends in ".pdf", for example "schema.pdf". Browsers on other operating systems, and other browsers on Windows, do not have this problem.