How do I change virtual hosts location in Parallels Plesk Panel for Unix ?
For Parallels Plesk Panel (hereafter Plesk) version v8.0 and above see the article #1186
Plesk takes all storage paths from /etc/psa/psa.conf file, for virtual hosts location it would be:
~# grep VHOST /etc/psa/psa.conf
Make the following steps to change VHosts location:
- Stop Plesk and all services.
- Change HTTPD_VHOSTS_D in psa.conf, for example /var/www/vhosts -> /home/httpd/vhosts.
Note: new directory name should not contain slash at the end: /home/httpd/vhosts.
The slash will cause problems with hosting configuration.
- Move vhosts to new location, for example /var/www/vhosts to /home/httpd/vhosts.
- Create symlink:
~# ln -s /home/httpd/vhosts /var/www/vhosts
It is needed because all current system users still have home directory set to old location. Secondly, old paths still remain in Frontpage configuration files and in some scripts, until they are reconfigured.
- Start MySQL server.
- Reconfigure Apache configuration with new path:
~# /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/websrvmng -a -v
- Start all other services.